Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nice sunny day

It was a warm sunny day today and walking to the mart felt good with a little bit of perspiration.
I always look forward to our cold soba lunches on such days...
Natto and okra soba with lots of grated daikon
topped with grilled maitake mushrooms and bonito flakes

Dinner was

Tonjiru (pork miso soup) with lots of spring vegetables
Lettuce stir fry with tomatoes, eggs and white bait

I didn't expect so much water to come out of the lettuce while frying, so the eggs were a little too runny in the end. Gotta try this stir fry again with better technique.

Mentaiko with tofu noodles

I overmade dinner again.
I wanna cook this and that, but i realise we are both not getting out of the house very much these days, so our stomachs kind of shrinked. so we concluded that the next time we have tonjiru, we don't need other dishes. I can't wait to make tonjiru again before it gets to hot and sticky to have in the summer!

No comments: