Sunday, June 20, 2010

my new found ramen friend

We finally found a ramen flavour that is so alike that we have in the ramen shop!!!
I like the fish based stock ramen that we had a few times at Ikebukuro, and since we can't go to those ramen shops for the time being, having this at home is such a treat~
cold ramen dipped in hot fish based soup =)
great for summer

Dinner tonight was meant to be a simple affair since we got sashimi from the fish monger
and sashimi means no preparation needed eh?
haha but i was wrong.
the daikon strips took time.
the slicing and laying of the fish on the plate took some effort and pinching of nose.
well, it looked good on the table, but weirdly, i didn't take on the sashimi well tonight.
the smell didn't agree with me.

Inada sashimi
But good thing i made...
Peranakan Chap chye!!!
My second attempt. was a great improvement from the first! =)
this helped me finish my rice tonight.
Home made tofu
wakame salad with jelly dressing
and a simple suimono (soup) which we always need with sushi/sashimi dinners

I was so excited to see inada today! when our friend gave this to us, i immediately liked the taste, but this one just didn't have the same sweet taste that we had last time, to my dissappointment.
i would have to get it cooked for the second portion still in the fridge.

No comments: