Thursday, July 15, 2010

OUR 3rd month check up

H finally got his first immunisation jab today.
phew~ Guess who was the nervous one.
Furtheremore it was done at the end of the day, which means the butterflies in my tummy were fluttering for almost 3 hours.
The check up started with a briefing on weaning foods.
So we were taught what weaning foods were, how to prepare them, how they taste like through a tasting session.
Then, there was a session with the staff who checked up on how mother and child were doing.
Which really impressed me. I am so surprised that i am still cared for even at my baby's check up!
The very detailed questionaire made me realise that mummy's welfare is taken seriously here. Are you coping well? Do you have people to talk to if you need help? When baby cries, are you coping OK? On a usual day, what is your mood like? Are you enjoying yourself?, etc etc
I am honestly amazed.
Then after the doctor's clinic visit and immunisation, there was a round up session with the same staff again.
OK, all is good, but i am worried for you since you have no friends in Japan.
And she checked with all the other staff for me if they knew of any english speaking mothers at the moment. wow! she says she will make a note on our health card for a staff to call me up half a year later to check if i am doing well.
I felt so included today which is why i call it OUR 3rd month check up.


Dinner was simple traditional Japanese Western

Omurice (omelette rice)
with demiglace mushroom sauce
Kangkong salad
with light herb dressing

I am so into kangkong eaten as salad now. The natural sweetness and crunch is really refreshing in this hot summer. I have learnt to appreciate kangkong more too since we only get this for a short period each year. So even if i were craving yong tao foo in winter, i won't get kangkong. teehee

No comments: