Sunday, July 11, 2010

My new friend in the kitchen

The cicadas have started to call.
iii iii iii mii mii mii mii mii mii mii...
It is (almost) the peak of summer.

Lunch was
Nishin soba with an ice cold barley tea

Nishin is a shoyu simmered sardine which is commonly eaten with hot soba.
It's been quite some time since we last had a hot hot lunch.
Feels good too after all that perspiration.

Oh, and did i mention? I received a new toy from Okaasan yesterday.
Tada~!
My very own shuttle chef!!!

I made braised pork for dinner

Tomato shoyu & herbs braised pork
with lots of vegetables

Lalala cooking time was so short too!!!
It really was a breeze cooking this since i didn't have to use the gas stove much. Switching on the gas can up the humidity level in the already warm kitchen and it is tough to cook in summer. Well, and now with my schedule working around a little one, this shuttle chef is going to help so much since i don't have to watch the stove with this.

No comments: