Saturday, September 26, 2009

domyoji steamed chicken

More morning glory flowers blooming...
Each time i see morning glory flowers along the street, i get very excited.
I dont know why but i just love morning glories! Now i have them overflowing into my garden every morning~

My head was so so heavy this morning. But pumpkin salad toast cheered me up a bit.

Last nights creamy pumpkin salad topped on bread & covered with a slice of cheese, toasted.
I think having breakfast with J helps a lil. Like having a mini date in the morning =P

Since i was not feeling very good, we took a lil walk to the supermart, bought us some sweet treats from mister doughnuts, then made lunch at home.
Natto curry soba
I know mixing natto into curry in weird, but it really rocks, that is if u like the strong smelling natto in the first place @@

Dinner was...
Chinese style
Steamed chicken with domyojiko (a kind of glutinous rice flour with very large grains)
My first time making this, simply coating the chicken cubes with this flour makes the chicken really really juicy and the mochi like texture of the grains makes it very nice to chew on.
Domyojiko can be replaced with glutinous rice, and simply steamed.
Dip chicken bits in some shoyu + sesame oil.
Stir fried glass noodles with white cabbage
This was super simple. only took me 5 min!
We bought the premix for the stir fry, and i simply added sauteed white cabbage & fish cake slices. It was really really yummy. i could have it on its own, but since it was a little salty, we had it with rice.
Radish & yellow daikon pickles
There was fresh radish at the farmers mart, and the long leaves came attached, which is very usual with all the vegetables at this mart. Buy daikon or carrots and you get the whole bunch of leaves attached with them, which i really like because these leaves are so so fragrant and tasty.
I blanched the leaves, toss them with the raw radish together with ume (red sour plum), miso, vinegar & some shoyu and left then in the fridge for awhile. They make very good pickles.

I wanna go out tomorrow so am keeping my fingers crossed for a clearer head after a nights rest.

No comments: