Monday, September 28, 2009

beany day

I loved baked beans as a child.
now, once in a while is OK, breakfast on the plane or at the hotel, this always comes with eggs.
i find the sweetness overwhelming. after the beans, i gotta go for the eggs, or i grab an extra slice of bread, and then i feel stuffed.
I still love beans for breakfast! but in the form of natto!
We either top them on rice, or i like to mix them with tomatoes as a salad.
Todays natto were giant beans.
There is tiny, medium & giant.
The medium & giant ones are usually japanese soybeans, tiny ones, from america and much cheaper.
The supermart near my place has near expiry date natto at half price quite often. And each time i spot those half price labels, i jump! we were luckly yday to get the giant ones. our favourite++

Coincidentally, spinach was cheap today, and i wanted to have curry for dinner.
So... spinach curry! with lots of mixed beans. (yeah, very beany day)

One plate dinner Spinach & beans (garbanzo, soy beans & kidney beans mix) curry topped with poached egg, with a large serving of yogurt cheese pumpkin salad.

I finished the whole egg on my own today!!! Yes, it is not funny, havent had egg yolks for quite a long long time of my life. when i have kaya toast, the runny egg yolks simply irk me. scramble is fine, but yolk on its own is really yucky. well, WAS very yucky. J is very gentle, he doesnt push me, but always says, its good. so bit by bit, and now i finish the whole egg on my own. and... i kind of like the taste too! the eggs really matched the curry, sort of deepened the flavour of the curry.
with lots of pickles by the side
Brown rice made a come back on our plates again. =)

No comments: