Friday, April 2, 2010

The sakura tree outside my window

The weather was not so gentle today.
Super strong winds made everything in the garden tumble over, and i think if i did my laundry, they will land up a street down.
The light rain also made the day a little blue.
But the tree outside which i like to gaze at (=daydream at) made my day a little lighter.
full bloom and very pretty =)

Dinner was

salmon burger with grated daikon based sticky vegetable sauce
This was Harumi Kurihara's recipe for the week.
Salmon burgers made with just salmon chunks, prawn chunks, prawn paste and onions!
No flour needed again because of the prawn paste.
This was really yummy! I topped it with some yuzu shavings to zest up the fish packed patty.
burdock strips with plum salad
asparagus and cheese hanpen salad with sakura salt

I am so addicted to sakura anpan now after having one last week.
It's the sakura fragrance and mild salty taste that i love. I keep wanting to learn how to preserve these flowers by salting them, but just can't find the motivation to do it.

No comments: