Thursday, April 22, 2010

My labour story

I am back!
I know the baby countdown clock had been ticking away while this little guy decided to arrive into this world 15 days early.
So fast that we couldn't believe it.
It started with Thursdays Chirashi sushi dinner, that i thought went wrong.
J's snores were extra loud, so i thought he was having the bad runs too.
And my diarrhoea like aches seem to be going no where. Why do i feel so constipated when everyone else is having the runs? i thought. Ok the brain just doesn't work normally in the wee hours of the morning eh?
Then i made breakfast while complaining how we shouldn't have had the salmon roe.
had breakfast with aches hitting me harder and harder till i went down on my knees repeatedly at the dining table. the pain would come then go. so i was like a crazy person being totally fine one minute, and squirming in excruciating pain 3 minutes later. We still wouldn't accept that this could be labour contractions! I mean, we are so early, plus i have a check up the next day, so let's wait. I will rest at home today, so off to work you go, i said to J.
But immediately after i changed my mind cos i feel like the pain was like an earthquake taking over me.
OK, let's ask sis in law. She suggests calling the hospital, so off we went in a taxi.
Time of entering hospital 0948. Lil one arrived 1036.
Even when i saw him, i couldn't believe he really arrived.
So, what i thought would be a touchy full of tears arrival, was totally different. Just me still in pain and trying to figure am i really awake or not.
Phooo-

Well, this was the celebratory dinner on the 3rd day at the hospital.
Really gorgeous with crab gratin, salad, fruit platter, soup, dessert (with 3 pieces of mini cakes) and
Beef steak!
Beef steak with japanese shoyu based sauce which made want to finish the whole huge bowl of rice.
yeah, every meal came with a huge bowl of rice which according to the nurse, am supposed to finish to produce good amount of breastmilk!
Well, anyhow, i now find myself craving LOTS of carbohydrates thought my butt is stuck to the sofa most days.

I feel so blessed at this place.
This was the view from my bed
With a Mother Mary statue outside the hospice opposite.
and sakuras still hanging in there, with green leaves sprouting quickly everyday.

And, let me show you something which i think is quite very Japanese.
The baby unbilical cord!
which is saved in a nice wooden box for keepsake.

Yes, i just have to have my 2 cats around wherever i go.

Now, J is the major chef, while i just sit around and make up to do lists.
I really can't wait to get all my energy back and hop around the house.
This was dinner last night
Besides the simple vegetable soup,
Beef & potatoes and bamboo shoot shoyu simmer
burdock in black sesame

And dinner the day before

Ginger grilled fish
and a new experiment for the both of us, spanish omelette!
J is probably gonna take too much time to master making tamagoyaki, so i decided to let him try making this huge omelette in the cake pyrex ware.
Success! Little oil and no sugar unlike tamagoyaki, so we are both giving the thumbs up!

Besides the plenty of so called confinement diet soups he has been making, we are both pretty much getting used to our new lifestyle, so i probably won't be blogging as much as i would like.
Our lives pretty much changed 180deg after the lil one arrived.
But, we are both happy =)

No comments: