Sunday, April 25, 2010

The boring postnatal lifestyle

To spend most of the day at home is quite tiring for someone like me.
At times frustrating.
I am thankful for the sakura tree just outside that keeps me company while my butt is stuck on the sofa.
One of the sunny days last week, i decided i need some fresh air and a bit of walking, so off to the old folks home just next door.
Entering the old folks home through the back exit lets me take a good look at the sakura tree outside our window:
Lots of green leaves coming through already, with very very few pink flowers left on the tree.
Entering the home, i see a pinkier image
and a brighter man-made walking area with lots of flowers to cheer me up.
these flowers seem to be kinder to the folks and hang strong in there while most trees have already shed theirs.
And that odd candy like sakura tree, still looking good.
Ahh... that was a nice breather~

Back home, we are having lots of soups typical of the singaporean/malaysian confinement diet
and with lots of easy fish dishes which we just pop in the oven and grill on its own
My favourite garlic stir fries are out of the menu for a while, so onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and lots of black pepper help me make up for the lack of garlic punch.

This is one of the stir fries that J has quite mastered so many of our vegetable dishes are done this way to make it easy for him.


Black bean soup; one of the soups that the 2 of us can agree on.
we both love the taste, and the lots of yummy black beans in there.

Some days, we take a break from chinese soups
Like last night, where we had a large bowl of vegetable soup and a cocote dish with asparagus, mini tomatoes and an egg grilled in it.
red wine beef and cabbage soup, fond de veau stock based

and lunches are basically japanese, mainly udon/soba

I really enjoyed my pregnancy and having a new family member in our home now,
but the process of recovering from childbirth is just long and tiring, which makes me start pondering how can i start making this a more enjoyable experience.
I just can't wait to jump back into my usual lifestyle (= supermarket shopping, making many walks and COOKING).

No comments: