Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I was craving something very very chocolatey today, and decided to bake


dark chocolate chunk, cranberry, almond biscottis

and since i am in charge, extra extra cranberries =)
For the first time, i am eating a full breakfast at home

grilled fish, miso soup & rice with mixed wild rice grains
All this while, i usually fix Js bento, make him breakfast & zip around the house doing all my household chores before i get stuck to my favourite morning TV program running from 11 to 12, during which, i like to snack a little here n there, nibbling on toasted breadcrumbs i cut out from sandwich slices i make for J, or sometimes biscuits with a cup of milk tea.
I dont really see the need to sit down n have something to eat since i dont move a lot on weekdays when am home most of the time.
J has been pestering me to sit down together for breakfast, but i always answer hmm... & dont really take note. When i was working, eating was always an on the go thing. nibble a bit, then zip off to some chore or call bell. and if it was rest day, it would be lots of zzzzzzzzz or again, nibbles here & there while exploring the streets of some new place.
Something just hit me a few days ago & i felt why am i always zipping here n there? Mornings are important to complete many things, but i should learn to really sit & have breakfast with my loved one! So today marks the start of my attempt to have proper bowls of rice.

No comments: