Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I managed to do my laundry today with peace of mind =)
The clouds have been playing hide and seek for the past few days, and Mr. SUN seems to be giving way to Mr. RAIN more often than not.
But today was perfect!
sunny sunny sunny!

decided to just chill out at home & make my own cafe space...

Suateed spinach with mushrooms & chicken.
I just love the purple rice! makes me want to eat more cos of the pretty hue.
With just a tablespoonful of black rice mixed into with white rice in the rice cooker, u get the mild fragrance of black glutinous rice and the appetite wheting colour.

Dinner tonight was colourful too.
with freshly picked eggplants and corn...
Eggplants wrapped with ginger shoyu marinated pork slices, grilled in the oven
butter shoyu grilled corn on the cob
traffic light kinpira
Capsicums stir fried in sweet shoyu with sesame, tiny anchovies and crushed peanuts

I dont know why japanese capsicums are so tiny, their skins are thin, and the flesh is thinner too, which makes it a lot easier to chew and digest.
I dont mind eating a whole lot of these!
I am now getting worried about the herbs in the garden.
Who will care for them when we go for summer school?

No comments: