Friday, October 2, 2009

western madness

My computer is revived!!!
Darling J has been trying so hard to resuscitate my precious daytime companion, n he did! just a few minutes ago!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~


Anyhow, I have been good!!! my digestive system seems to have a better mood now.
but i m craving lots of western food.

suddenly, rice for breakfast is not so appetising, so i went to buy some breads.

Had Egg& ham & cheese english muffins one morning
Cheese melted all over the aluminium sheet while toasting. hmm~
Purple sweet potato cheese toast
Mashed the pretty purple sweet potatoes with some cream cheese, topped with cheese & toasted. I love the BEAUTIFUL blend of purple & melting cheese colour.

Then yesterday, while watching an English cooking show hosted by a chinese lady cooking European asian favourites like chow mein, sweet and sour pork, fried rice, etc
i was inspired to make a western style asian takeaway for J bento
Teriyaki chicken takeout lunchbox=)
I have been feeling some happy notes dancing in me these days, and there are just some things that i wanna do to up the happy feeling.
Making this lunchbox made me happy cos smelling this box, reminds me of the food courts in australia which has many many asian stalls. Singapore noodles & teriyaki chicken rice sets always look the yummiest to me.
Yeah, everywhere in the world has singapore noodles, but the true singaporean doesnt know what it is. go into any school canteen, or market food court and you can probably smell that early in the morning > fried beehoon / fried thick noodles.
yup, so some nice images ran through my head early this morning while i was making his lunch.
=) nice start


Dinner was western tonight

Autumn tagliatelle
Chestnuts, smoked salmon & shimeji tagliatelle in tomato based sauce

Yep, the table was full of my favourite stuff too, sesame bread sticks & croutons (in the bottle)

yup, LOTS of homemade croutons for our caesar broccolli salad
Hor doevres was japanese though
sanma wrapped tomatoes with shiso leaves
Sanma is in season now, and the DHA rich fish is yummiest at this time.
Taste is a bit strong though. like sardines. i like the smell when i grill them in the pan, but the taste is really too strong for me. But good for the brain, so i pinch my nose n munch happily away since J likes them.

My souvenior from making croutons.
Accidentally hit my hand against the top of the oven. didnt expect it to turn dark purple. now i know why mum has so many purple polka dots on her hands.

Each time i buy bread, i get a pack of bread crusts (the first n last slice of a loaf) at the counter for free. this new bread shop has a really really generous portion of it in each pack, and really really really thich slices! so they make perfect croutons!
from just 3 slices i made a nice big bottle of them! hehe, i am secretly thinking of macaroni soup each time i pop these into my mouth. but macaroni soup with clear chicken broth and croutons probably dont match in any non singaporeans mind. so to prevent J from thinking i m weirdo, i topped them on salad today, and maybe macaroni for another day so i can explain myself. hee

typhoon is coming. wind is getting chilly, and i m finally wearing long pajamas.
soon i think i will love staying under my blanket more n more in the morning.

No comments: