Thursday, October 22, 2009

saba

Saba fish is the yummiest in autumn because it is the fatest during this season.
the standard way to have this is either to salt grill or simmer in sweet miso and ginger broth.
We learnt a new recipe last week on uchigohan TV. Ume (japanese sour plum), shoyu and ginger based broth.

Saba ume ginger simmered with shitake mushrooms and fresh burdock
this was so tasty, we finished our rice really quickly =)

with yuba (beancurd skins) broccolli salad
grilled tako fishcake and grilled whole onion

sometimes i think my brain rules over my body more than the other way round.
my headache has been draining my energy since last night and this morning i just didnt feel like moving at all. my favourite part of the day, supermarket shopping turned into a drag. and i just didnt feel like doin anything. appetite was also not usual. i could do with bread i think. but somehow J coming home motivated me to cook up a proper dinner. i always wished i had the courage to say, i m tired, cant cook. but then, if i did that i think i will b more n more tired.
maybe its a good thing my brain is stronger than my body =)

No comments: