Monday, January 10, 2011

Nuts and ice cream

How has the new year been so far for you?
Is that resolution still in check?
For the first time, i slept through the mid night countdown with the hubby and lil cookie monster snoring away. Our first new year countdown as a family.

A week has passed but i am still in a holiday mood.
Baking nuts. Something which i used to do very often on a weekday when it was just me at home. With my lil cookie monster, nap time is time for me to wind down, n rest my aching shoulders. Yeah, somehow nursing gives me aching shoulders.
Anyhow, gingko nuts, almonds, walnuts. They make the house smell so good. Except for the gingko shells that drove me nuts. Really really stink.

So, with the hubby at home, nut baking was easier.
We did walnuts this morning.
Koganei walnuts. which i bought in autumn.
Sturdy grip needed for these shells.
The result... ooh lala freshly baked walnuts~
Which came just right for our new hobby...

Ice cream making~
Our new friend in the kitchen, the ice cream maker!!!
Which we sooooooo wanted!!!
Pour chocolate cream, milk, an egg yolk, some sugar in, churn 15 minutes...
Add in some chopped cookies...
For a huge huge serving, we only put in 3 teaspoons of sugar,
it was such a pure chocolatery creamy taste........... store bought ice creams won't be on my shopping list for quite some time i think.

No comments: